Welcome to being an RA

I became an RA my 3rd year in college. The photo above is my first ResLife staff in 2007. At the beginning of it all, I did not know anyone on staff except for my RA the semester before. Three years later, as I am no longer an RA or undergraduate student, I look back on all the enthusiastic people I met.

RAs are students filled with energy and spirit. Some start out that way and others grow to become extRAordinary individuals. As we learn more about the young adults we are, we set examples for our residents. 

We master team building and collaboration, learning to work with a variety of people with different skills, backgrounds, and motivations.

As RAs, we lean on each other for support and guidance. Our bag of resources is infinite with some of the best administration you would ever want to work for. The atmosphere is truly team-oriented. 

Some people become RAs because their RA was so awesome. Others get pulled in from our energy during recruitment. As a staff, we are always having tons of fun. Residents see that and want to be apart of it.

That's part of my staff in my final year as an RA at Piazza at Schmidt's in Northern Liberties. I was able to share with my other non-design staff members why this is my favorite space in all of Philly. Look at them, they're just silly! College is suppose to be fun! We can even make paperwork seem like a blast :)

In ResLife, everyone has the chance to be a star.